Aug 052017
 

Sidharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt are always in limelight. Be it for their acting together or about their alleged love affair. The two are media’s favourite. After ‘Kapoor and Sons’, their fans wanted to see them together again and looks like their wish has been granted.

This year, Sid’s fans are already excited, after all, he has had multiple releases this year. You will see him in ‘A Gentleman’ along with Jacqueline Fernandez and his much-awaited release is Neeraj Pandey’s thriller ‘Aiyaary’, where he will be sharing screen space with critically acclaimed actor Manoj Bajpayee. This truly is a film that will give him the platform to prove himself as an actor.

Sid & Alia(c) BCCL

But what has grabbed everyone’s attention is the film ‘Aashiqui 3′ where we will be seeing our favourite Alia and Sidharth together. There were many speculations about this film and finally, the actor has cleared the air.

In a recent interview with the Mumbai Mirror, he said that the film is in the pipeline and it will be the third installment of the franchise.

“I was approached a while ago. It’s a great franchise, I loved Aashiqui 2 and I’ve worked with both its director Mohit Suri and Alia. We are waiting to get it all on paper. We want to present a better version of the franchise. Once we finish our prior commitments we will start on Aashiqui 3,” he said.

Sid and Alia(c) Twitter

The second one starred Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapur, which made good money at the box office and its music is something that we still talk about. The next installment from the makers will see Sid and Alia romancing each other and setting our screens on fire.

Well, we are sure this news has got many of you excited about the film. Let’s hope things work out and we get to see them on the silver screen together again. 

 

Aug 042017
 

Kajol and Ajay Devgn

Earlier this year, Kajol had announced that she was excited that her “home production is finally starting”, even revealing that she was looking at a September launch for her new venture. However, when mid-day caught up with the actor, she revealed that the plan never materialised. “I am not cut out for it,” Kajol said, even confessing to finding comfort in being lackadaisical.

“Why should I push myself into doing something that doesn’t come naturally to me,” she questioned, choosing instead to invest her time in making her actor-producer-husband Ajay Devgn’s production house more “rock solid”. “I don’t find the need to break away from Ajay Devgn Films (ADF). He understands production better than I do, and in this respect, I am happy to be under his shadow.”

The actor acknowledges that she only offers inputs for Devgn’s productions when the latter approaches her. “Ajay is managing it
well enough,” The failure of ADF’s last outing, Shivaay (2016), which was being created under Kajol’s watch, to score well at the box-office, hasn’t deterred the actor from taking up further projects. “Ajay did a good job as director and actor, and Abigail [Eames, co-actor] made me howl,” she says of her love for the film, but acknowledges that the debacle affected Devgn. “But he is hard to break, and has me by his side, always.”

Trending Video

Watch video: Oops! Uncensored nude footage of actress leaked

Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Aug 042017
 

Kishore Kumar

People of Khandwa town in Madhya Pradesh today observed the 88th birth anniversary of legendary singer, actor and filmmaker Kishore Kumar. Kumar was born here on August 4, 1929. His fans paid tributes at his memorial in the town, making offerings of ‘doodh jalebi’, which was his favourite dish. Mayor Subhash Kothari, local MLA Devendra Verma, District Collector Abhishek Singh and Superintendent of Police Navneet

Bhasin visited the memorial. A few of his popular songs were also sung. Kishore Kumar spent his childhood years in Khandwa before shifting to Mumbai.

Apart from acting and directing films, Kumar lent his versatile voice to several stars, from Dev Anand to Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan.
“He didn’t forget his birthplace, and often said ‘Doodh jalebi khayenge, Khandwa me bas jayenge’ (will have milk-with-jalebi and settle down in Khandwa),” reminisced a fan named Milin Mishra.

Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesperson Pankaj Chaturvedi has demanded that the state government should convert Kumar’s ancestral house in Bombay Bazaar area here into a grand memorial. In Bhopal, Samrat Sangeet Sadhna Sewa Samiti, a music group, paid a tribute to Kumar through a special event in which singer Sadhna Sargam along with Sunil Shukraware performed.

Trending Video

Watch video: Sanjay Dutt’s wife Maanayata’s photos are too hot to handle

Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Aug 042017
 

Akshay Kumar

Actor Akshay Kumar, who is surprised by how 54 per cent people in India don’t have toilets in their homes, released a toilet anthem titled ‘Toilet Ka Jugaad’ from his upcoming film ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’.

Akshay released the song on Twitter. “Next stop Agra! Unveiling the Toilet Anthem, #ToiletKaJugaad at @Live_Hindustan event! @ToiletTheFilm@psbhumipic.twitter.com/cg6PKTlfqY

“Do you know that 54 per cent of people living in India do not have a toilet attached to their homes? Hence, I requested the music director to compose a song with this important message,” Akshay said. “The intention to create this song was to make people realise the importance of having toilets in their homes. I want everyone to educate their kids so that they can grow up and bring this big change,” he added.

‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’, directed by Shree Narayan Singh, deals with the need of sanitisation in India and is based on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat campaign. It features Bhumi Pednekar with Akshay and is slated for a release on August 11.

WATCH THE SONG HERE:

[embedded content]

Trending Video

Watch video: Sanjay Dutt’s wife Maanayata’s photos are too hot to handle

Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Aug 042017
 

A still from the scene

Television actor Rubina Dilaik, who plays the role of an intersex in the series ‘Shakti — Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki’, recently shot a sequence in Thailand along with transgender co-stars.

A source from the unit says, “The scene had to look grand and beautiful, so, the makers opted to shoot in Bangkok. They roped in a few transgender artists to give it an authentic feel. They looked beautiful.”

Dilaik, who was shooting for a scene in which her character was set to be sold to the highest bidder, was mesmerised by her co-actors. She was happy to notice how accepting Bangkok is of people with different gender identities. “Three to four actors that we appointed were transgender. They were beautiful. Being in their company isn’t unnatural here. We [in India] should avoid gender labels.”

Rubina Dilaik
Rubina Dilaik 

The show also stars Vivian Dsena, who shot with Dilaik in Bangkok.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Aug 042017
 

SRK_anushkaShah Rukh Khan has landed himself in yet another controversy. According to a report in DNA, Varanasi Police has slapped a recovery notice of Rs. 5.59 lakhs on Shah Rukh Khan for using police security during the promotional event of his latest release, Jab Harry Met Sejal.

During their visit to Varanasi, the police there had deployed around 224 police personnel. The organizers, Ashoka Institute of Technology and Management had deposited Rs. 51, 132, but according to the police, the the salary of the police personnel deployed was Rs. 6.11 lakhs.

Shah Rukh Khan was accompanied by his co-star Anushka Sharma, director of his film, Imtiaz Ali and BJP MP, Manoj Tiwari.

However, the organisers of the event, Ashokha Institute of Technology and Management have a different take on it. The organizers claim that only few police personnel were deployed on their campus which was already a safe place.

Ankit Maurya, Organizer We have requested the police department to recover the remaining amount from Shah Rukh Khan and his team for providing them security for their other program in the city. Majority of the police personnel deployed from the airport to Shah Rukh Khan’s private programs and his visit to ghats and other places in Varanasi.

This was reportedly SRK’s first visit to the city.

Aug 042017
 

SRKJab Harry Met Sejal Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has a Banarasi Meetha Paan named after him.

The paan which costs Rs 35 is being sold at the same shop Shah Rukh Khan had visited during his visit to the spiritual city of India, Banaras. He had gone for promotions of Jab Harry Met Sejal.

Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma, Imtiaz Ali had made a stop at a local betel leaf vendor’s shop to taste the flavour the city of Banaras had to offer in the form of ‘Banarasi Meetha Paan’. The trio were pleasantly surprised to learn that the shop was a 70-year-old shop, named ‘Tambulam Paan shop’. They then savored on ‘chilled meetha paan’ from the age old vendor, Satish Kumar

Shah Rukh Khan personally thanked the vendor and there was no limit to the vendor’s exultation after he met Shah Rukh Khan, Imtiaz Ali and Anushka Sharma.

As soon as Shah Rukh Khan left from the shop, there was a huge flock of people asking Satish Kumar, for the Meetha Paan that Shah Rukh Khan savored. There was immense alacrity amongst the people for the Meetha Paan.

Every passerby was telling Satish Kumar to make him the same Meetha Paan which Shah Rukh Khan had eaten.

Satish Kumar shares,”After Shah Rukh Khan has come and eaten paan at my shop, I am getting non stop requests for exactly the paan that he ate. Not just from Varanasi, but I am getting calls from other cities also to parcel and send that paan. So I decided to have that paan separately in my menu. It’s the most expensive paan that I have on my list.”

Now Satish Kumar has named a special meetha paan after Shah Rukh Khan which will be available at his paan shop, for INR 35.

Presented by Red Chillies Entertainment, ‘Jab Harry Met Sejal’ is directed by Imtiaz Ali. The film has released today.

Aug 042017
 

SRKVJohnShah Rukh Khan recently landed in a legal tangle for endorsing a shaving cream brand. Bhopal-based consumer Rajkumar Pandey slapped a case against Khan and the company manufacturing the cream (VI John) after his skin broke into a rash. In the latest development, Khan’s spokesperson released an official statement rubbishing the allegations.

“First and foremost, Shah Rukh Khan is currently not the ambassador of the said brand. The contract between the shaving cream brand and him terminated in April 2016. Also, we have not received any notice so far.”

Pandey had filed a case in a Bhopal consumer court alleging that Khan is misleading people with his ad. He mentioned that he had to undergo treatment at a hospital after using the cream. Pandey further claimed that Madhya Pradesh Food and Drugs Department tested the product and stated it to be of “bad quality”.

Aug 042017
 

dilip-kumar-criticalVeteran actor Dilip Kumar’s kidneys are not functioning properly and he is being treated for it, a senior official from Lilavati Hospital said today. The actor is off the ventilator and is not on dialysis, he further said.

Kumar was admitted to the hospital in suburban Bandra on Wednesday morning after he suffered from dehydration and urinary tract infection.

There have been reports that the 94-year-old actor is suffering from a renal ailment.

“His kidneys are not functioning properly. We will see what to do next. A team of doctors headed by Dr Nikhil Gokhale is treating him. They will decide what to do next,” Lilavati Hospital’s vice president Ajay Kumar Pandey told PTI today.

“But otherwise he is normal. He is off the ventilator. He is not on dialysis. He is under observation because of the age factor,” Pandey added.

The actor is under the care of a team of senior doctors, including Dr Jalil Parkar and Dr Gokhale, at the hospital.
Asked if the actor is suffering from renal/kidney failure, Pandey said, “It is too early to give out a statement. He is having kidney issues.”

Pandey added that at the moment, no surgery was required.

Earlier, Kumar’s wife Saira Banu had said, “We (all) should pray he recovers soon. He should be well Inshallah! God willing. The doctors are treating him.”

The legendary actor, whose real name is Mohammad Yusuf Khan, acted in many superhit films during his six-decade long career such as ‘Madhumati’, ‘Devdas’, ‘Mughal-e-Azam’, ‘Ganga Jamuna’, ‘Ram Aur Shyam’ and ‘Karma’.

Dilip Kumar was last seen in the film ‘Qila’ in 1998. He was honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1994 and Padma Vibhushan in 2015.

Aug 042017
 

JHMS-e-lIt’s not an uncommon practice to raise the prices of tickets when a film, headlined by big stars, is gearing up for release. However, if you thought that it deterred the audience from flocking to the theatres, you couldn’t be farther from the truth.

Sample this: A ticket of Shah Rukh Khan-Anushka Sharma starrer Jab Harry Met Sejal, which releases today, has been priced at Rs 2,400 at PVR Director’s Cut in Delhi.

null

A quick online check will tell you that the amount is almost equivalent to a one-way air ticket from Mumbai to Goa.

But, looks like no price is too steep for Khan’s fans. The Imtiaz Ali-directed film saw a huge demand in advance booking at this theatre in Delhi. As a result, the love story raked in a whopping Rs 12,15,600 from this screen alone, even before it hit the marquee. At Rs 12.15 lakh, the movie has already matched the lifetime collections of indie films.

The situation isn’t too different in Mumbai either — another stronghold of Khan. A VIP/Gold Class ticket at PVR Icon in Versova has been priced at a cool Rs 1500.

Ask trade analyst Amod Mehra what drives the audience to pay such a high price to watch a movie and he reasons, “There haven’t been any good films in the recent past, which would have motivated the audience to spend money. So, people who have the money will not mind spending a huge amount on this one.”

Projects starring any one of the Khan trio — Aamir, Salman and Shah Rukh — are mounted on huge budgets. No wonder then, the tickets rates shoot up during their film’s release.

However, Mehra points out that it is the distributors and not the producers, who are to be blamed for the hike. “The production cost of a film like Jab Harry Met Sejal is really high. So, to recover that cost, distributors tend to increase the rates.”

He cautions that it may not necessarily be a smart strategy. “On the contrary, I feel if they reduce the price, it will work as an advantage and will lure more people to watch the film.”

Another trade exhibitor, on the condition of anonymity, says, “Rs 2400 plus food and conveyance is really high. But then, the advance booking shows that people who wish to spend so much, have bought the tickets. I can get a premium membership of Netflix at the same price and watch so much of content. In the end, it’s all about what you choose.”