Ted Mosby was not everyone’s favourite and I’ll tell you why. First, the amount of insane optimism this man carried was unhealthy. I mean, who can still be annoyingly positive after watching the girl you love going away with another man? Right? Second, his never ending hunt for ‘the one’. At one point I am sure we all were like “just give up man”, but clearly Teddy Westside had no intentions of doing that.
But the one thing that made everyone admire him was that, despite the rocks life threw at him, his views on love never became jaded. His belief about finding was so strong that it made some of us wonder, if we believe this strongly about something in our lives.
Here are 10 quotes, which according to me, highlight his incredible belief and faith in the power of love. And trust me, we need it. Not necessarily in the love department, but other facets of life as well, where a little faith can do wonders.
1. “If you’re not scared, you’re not taking a chance and if you’re not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing?”
We are all scared shitless when it comes to taking a leap of faith, not just when it comes to love, but life in general. Why some of us actually break our heads trying to figure out something new from a menu. Point is, the worst thing that can break you is regret, and the way to avoid that is taking chances.
2. “If you’re looking for the word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want no matter how much it destroys you, it’s love. And when you love someone you don’t stop, ever. Even when people roll their eyes, and call you crazy. Even then. Especially then.”
This powerful quote speaks in volumes for itself. What makes goddamn sense is that we are all guilty of becoming vulnerable to the opinions of friends and society. But Ted says screw em’ and march on!
3. “Shouldn’t we hold out for the person who doesn’t just tolerate our little quirks but actually kinda likes them?”
Most of us keep saying “I’m ready to change for her if she wants,” but now when you read this quote, doesn’t doing that seem just wrong?
4. “Love doesn’t make sense! You can’t logic your way into or out of it. Love is totally nonsensical. But we have to keep doing it or else we’re lost and love is dead, and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do.”
This is a little difficult to swallow, at least for me, as I simply MUST find logic in everything. But I guess, we need to face harsh truths sometimes.
5. “You will be shocked, kids, when you discover how easy it is in life to part ways with people forever. That’s why, when you find someone you want to keep around, you do something about it.”
Raise your hands if you are guilty of cutting out people from your life and then instantly regretting it!
6. “If you love something, you can never let it go. Not even for a second. Or it’s gone forever.”
© Wikimedia commons
It’s so damn easy to say “let’s end this” because it is the clear easy way out, right? But biting down the pride and ego and actually fighting to save your relationship is probably the hardest thing you can ever go through.
7. “I used to be in such a hurry all the time. Everything was so urgent. Now I figure, if it’s going to happen, it’ll happen when it happens. I’m not going anywhere; she’s not going anywhere. What’s the rush, right?”
© Wikimeidia commons
It’s a good thing to be focused on searching for your soulmate, but that doesn’t mean that life has to stop right?
8. “Sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things.”
There is this song by Rascal Flatts called ‘Broken Roads’. It has this one particular line which goes like “every long, lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars pointing me on my way, into your loving arms.” (Beautiful, I know right?) Point is, losing someone you love can sometimes have a purpose. Maybe it teaches us how to be better in the future. Basically, some heartbreaks happen for a reason.
9. “Sometimes love means taking a step back. If you care about somebody, you should want them to be happy even if you wind up being left out.”
I think this quote pretty much speaks for itself. I’m sure many of you out there have ended things just because she was not happy. Irrespective of how you felt, irrespective that at least you were happy in the relation, you let her go. That is nothing else but true love, my friend.
10. “People don’t get the chance to discover each other anymore.”
So true. Given the present times we are living in, it is very rare that people actually have the patience of digging deeper and peeling the layers of your partner to get to find a new facet to them. The joy of discovering someone comes only with time, but what is one supposed to do when they end up getting ‘fed up’ in just three months?
Okay! So I know the headline says 10 quotes, but I just had to add this one. Just had to. His expression is just screaming of pure love!