There’s only one thing that mattered in 2016 – Priyanka Chopra. 2016 shall always be remembered as the year of Priyanka Chopra. And there’s zero exaggeration in that statement. Because, this.
1. If bagging a lead role in an American crime drama TV series wasn’t enough, Priyanka Chopra became the first Indian to win the People’s Choice Award for her performance on the show.
2. She was invited to present an Oscar and she was all everyone cared about.
That dress is the most searched outfit on Google, just FYI!
3. She lent her voice to a character in an online game by Marvel. Yeah, she wanted to be a superhero, so she became one!
Say hello to Ms. Marvel-I’m her voice & she’s my alter ego in MARVEL Avengers Academy! Here..https://t.co/dxHpcHgOCu pic.twitter.com/rNqJnxBehT
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) February 5, 2016
4. Then, she cut through the world of entertainment and bagged the role of the villain in ‘Baywatch’ and made The Rock and Zac Efron look like the lucky ones.
5. Not even kidding. After working with her, ‘The Rock’ realized what Hollywood had been missing all these years.
She’s one of the biggest stars in the world. Insanely talented, relentlessly smokin’ and extremely dangerous – perfect for #BAYWATCH. Welcome @PriyankaChopra to our bad ass and incredibly dysfunctional family. Cue RATED R slo-mo running on the beach. We start shooting next week. World.. #WelcomeToBaywatch ????????????????????????????
6. She became the first Bollywood celebrity to appear on ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ and set the bar too damn high for anyone else to meet.
7. She turned into a voice-over artist for ‘The Jungle Book’ and proved she can slay just with her voice too.
8. The back and forth between Bollywood and Hollywood was getting a little hectic, so she got herself a 5-bedroom mansion in Montreal like it was no big deal.
Y’all ever gotten dressed with every intention to go work out and then somehow end up doing the total opposite? ???? #Floating
Then, she shifted base to this lavish AF house in New York because she owns the whole damn world.
Shooting the launch episode of #BeneaththeSurface w @priyankachopra in her New York home.Thanks for letting me in! pic.twitter.com/xtrekvurWZ
— Anupama Chopra (@anupamachopra) September 12, 2016
9. She not only entered the list of 100 most influential people in the world by the Time magazine but also became THE ONLY ONE WHO REALLY MATTERED because she was on the cover!
What a way to start the day! #Time100’s list of achievers! Humbled, overwhelmed and feeling so blessed! pic.twitter.com/oFp9pGlHLI
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) April 21, 2016
10. She became such a rage that even Obama wanted to hang out with her. Who wouldn’t, honestly?
© Reuters, Twitter
11. She made it to the cover of Time, Complex, Elle and Instyle because she was all that the world cared about in 2016.
12. Tanmay Bhatt tried mocking her for her accent and she burnt him down with her sass.
When I say @priyankachopra’s name in my head I now automatically pronounce it like “Priyaaaanka Chopruh”
— Tanmay Bhat (@thetanmay) July 27, 2016
I’m supposed to have the accent @thetanmay what happened to u? Lol https://t.co/xwu6a5KWhi
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) July 27, 2016
13. It was obviously understandable and not one bit shocking that she was declared American pop culture royalty by a leading magazine.
I love this cover. Thx u @WMag! Such an honor to be named Royalty alongside this insanely talented group…I always thought I was a queen (haha) #DreamComeTrue ???? #TheRoyals
14. She became the first Indian to feature on Forbes list of 10 highest paid TV actresses and it was a not-so-subtle declaration that she was here to write her own destiny.
15. She breathed fire at the Emmys and it was only human of Tom Hiddleston to flirt with her.
She met Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) later and let’s just say he definitely knows things now.
16. She became the first Indian to appear on ‘The Ellen Degeneres Show’
Her sass was on point even after downing a tequila shot!
.@PriyankaChopra has been Miss India and Miss World, and today she’s on my show for the first time. I should’ve given her a sash. pic.twitter.com/dbEybDIs8V
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) October 25, 2016
17. David Beckham had to be called to make her the UNICEF Global Goodwill Ambassador because nobody else was good enough to be on stage with her.
18. IMDB thought it was the perfect time to announce that Priyanka Chopra was a lot more popular than Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Emma Watson and Jennifer Aniston on its list of the most popular celebrities.
19. The Assam Government declared Priyanka Chopra the ambassador of Assam Tourism for the next two years because she’s the most influential celebrity India has.
20. Even back home, PC is winning every damn award for her performance in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ even as we speak. Just last night, she was honoured with the Global Icon Award at Stardust 2016.
The world just needs to decide what the Queen’s throne should look like now. Everything else has pretty much been cast in stone already.